Sunday, 14 June 2009

Daring Cooks' June Challenge - Chinese Dumplings / Potstickers

Last minute cooking for the win! These were a little rushed. Quite fun, though, haven't ever made chinese food that isn't a stir-fry before.

I made a pork filling with the following added: ginger, rhubarb, beansprouts, spring onions and garlic. The rhubarb was rather experimental. I didn't add much and couldn't taste it in the finished dish. Actually, it needed more flavour overall... Note-to-self: more ginger next time, less beansprouts.

As you can see, I was a bit haphazard with my wrapper-rolling. All different sizes and shapes! :P Still, managed to get lots of dumpling-shaped things in the end:

Made potstickers, but didn't fry them very much (was getting impatient!).

Conclusion: a bit bland due to vegetable proportions, but nice dipped in a mix of soy sauce and tabasco.

1 comment: